Rules for posting:
1. The name of the account in the journal and ledger should exactly be the same .
2. The account debited in journal will be debited in ledger and the account credited in ledger will be credited.
3. The word "To" will be added in the name of the accounts on the debit side and "By" will be added in the accounts on the credit side e.g., "To sales" , "By purchases" etc.
4. The page number of the jornal from where the entry is transferred is to be writeen in the Folio Column.
5. The date of transactions is to be written in the date column.
-Answered by nisha sheikh On 12 August 2020:10:29:14 AM